Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Real People Food

Today, I achieved the extraordinary (for me).

I made myself some real food :)
Yes it's true! I did! And it was sooooo good. It makes me a little sad to think that tomorrow I will probably go right back to mac & cheese, out of sheer laziness and maybe lack of funds.
Okay not really. This was super cheap and so great because I love to cut things. I bet you didn't know that. I love chopping vegetables and slicing bagels and bread and cutting fruit... I don't know why! Anyway, so in preparation for this meal I got to cut a lot of things, which made me really happy.
I'm probably making my dinner sound a lot more grand than it actually was. All I did was make some garden pasta (it's like, green and orange, instead of normal colored pasta...not sure what the difference is). I then chopped (woo!) a tomato, an onion, and a bell pepper, and tossed it in. I added sauce and then spinach at the last second so it wouldn't get all soggy.

Voila!



Sometimes I really impress myself. (You don't have to be impressed.)

...And then I ate a ton of marshmallows.


While I was eating and listening to Speechwriters LLC, I found myself wishing that I could slow things down a little, wishing I could "just sit back down and take my mind off everything I think I should do."
College life is a bit too busy for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment