Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How many blogs have you blogged?

I've been thinking a lot ever since I started my blog about how inconsistent of a blogger I am. How infrequent I am. How lame I am. How I have to practically force myself to try, Bronwyn, try and write something interesting today, but whenever something interesting happens, I a) forget about it, or b) have no desire to blog about it. With all these thoughts running around and bumpin' into each other in my brain, but never forming themselves into coherent, substantial ideas or answers to my problem, I somehow reached a conclusion: I hate blogging.
What? Let me try again.
I somehow reached a conclusion: I hate writing in general.
Not even close to true.
I somehow reached a conclusion: I hate writing about myself, therefore I hate blogging.
Aye, there's the rub.

So this is a problem for me. I love writing. I actually would love to be a writer or an editor (or a high school English teacher, but... that's kinda on the DL. I don't know yet). However, I've got a long way to go before I'm good enough to be any of those things. And I'm not just referring to the fact that I still have at least 3 years left of undergrad work, I mean my writing skills are subpar. I need to practice. But what better way to practice writing than to write about seemingly mundane things an in interesting fashion on my blog? Yep. Time to pull up my bootstraps and do this thing. You may now expect... Actually, I'm not gonna make any promises. Just know that I will be making a conscious effort to blog more and blog better.

Goodbye.

P.S. Also, this:

No comments:

Post a Comment