Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear."

I love it when the free iTunes singles of the week are good! Little Talks, by Of Monsters and Men. Oh yes.

I've never really gotten into the hype of New Year's. It's probably my least favorite holiday -- next to Valentine's Day, that is. Yes, I'm just another bitter single person who hates on the holiday because she's got nobody to love. Anyway, New Year's. I just don't think it deserves all the hooplah that it gets. January 1st is just another day to me, no different than the one before. And New Year's Eve isn't super special either; it's the same thing every year. We wait up till midnight, drink some bubbly, and hug each other. La dee dah. I've never made any resolutions either, probably because I'd be kidding myself if I thought I'd even keep them for more than a week. However, this year, I actually made some! They're little and simple, but I didn't want to bite off more than I can chew.
1. Learn a new song on the piano every month
Achieving this might be a little difficult since I don't have whenever-I-feel-like-it access to a piano, but... I'll find a way.
2. Make friends in all of my classes
Um, yeah. I don't wanna be that person that sits in the back and doesn't talk to anyone anymore. That's not like me at all.
3. Don't be anti-social
This one is kind of weird because I don't think it's anything I can check off or say, "Yes, I accomplished that on this day." I'll just have to look back and evaluate. But it's really important because I feel like I was not my complete self this past semester, and I don't want to feel that way again. I want to be my weird self without feeling like I'm pretending or forcing it.
4. Don't get married.
...This is kind of a joke, kind of not. According to Claire and Eric, at BYU, one is never more than 6 months away from being married. I don't think it's going to be a struggle, I just wanted to make sure there would be one resolution I would actually keep :)


See ya tomorrow, Provo. I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment